Monday, July 5, 2010

My Country Sis of Thee...

To celebrate America's birthday, we headed to Mahopac to be with Mema and Grandpa. It had been a few years since Mema had been to the playground, but she got the swing of it pretty quickly.


Since she got the chance to do kid stuff, when we got home, I watered the flowers like a grown up...


...and then took the whole family for a boat ride.


I was delighted to have you as my first mate. Yes, but not as glad as daddy is that you haven't chosen any other mates yet. Ok, now let's not go overboard.


It was fun to have breakfast with Mikaela and her mommy and daddy. A highlight was building cream and syrup towers.


But that couldn't compare with our visit to Animal Kingdom where we fed turtles and fish...


...and watched others feed turtles and fish.


We saw lots and lots of bunnies and hamsters and ferrets and birds and reptiles. It's definitely worth a visit if you're ever on I-84 near Brewster, NY.


On the fourth we headed to the dock for the sunset and fireworks. Glad I got a good seat.


Hey, Daria, let's pose for a photo before the sky goes black...


Ok, smile!! Happy Birthday USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment